Quiz 2 Intercultural Communicaiton
Process and Competence
1. List five common verbal communicational styles. *
2. In what ways do women and men use language differently?
3. Talk about your understanding of body language.
4. Talk about your understanding of setting language.
5. Talk about your understanding of paralanguage.
6. Identify the different ways people use touch to convey messages to others.
7. List three major components that help you to be competent in intercultural communication.
8. Elaborate on the DIE skill and its effects in intercultural communication.
9. What are the stages of intercultural adaptation people may experience when living abroad?
10. What are some of the established communication protocols that govern Chinese business interactions? How might some of these protocols create a problem when dealing with business representative from other cultures?
11. In what ways does your classroom setting embody Chinese cultural values?
12. 12. How is ethnocentrism taught, intentionally or unintentionally, in all schools? Provide examples to illustrate your points.
Designer: Zhu Yaoyun
Samovar, Larry A. & Porter, Richard E. Communication Between Cultures (6th edition) [M]. Beijing University Press, 2009.